Information for Parents and Our Community - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Shrewsbury School has produced a COVID-19 policy with the most up to date Government documentation and sector advice. It contains policy and procedures to mitigate and manage the risks associated with COVID-19.
The following axioms have been applied:
- We wish to provide the best possible on-site experience for pupils.
- We will operate in a way which is safe and manageable for pupils and staff.
In addition to Government advice, we continue to work with sector experts and forums e.g. BSA, HMC, ISC and other schools around the world with whom we can share best practice.
As part of our commitment to provide a safe environment for all Salopians we have adopted the BSA COVID-Safe Charter.
If you need further information, please direct your enquiries in the following manner:
- Housemasters and Housemistresses should be the first point of contact for all general questions and enquiries.
- International families with particular questions may contact the Senior Deputy Head, Peter Middleton: email@example.com
- Concerns of a medical nature can be sent to the Deputy Head Pastoral, Anna Peak at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trips, visits and the broader co-curriculum are managed by the Deputy Head Co-Curricular, Helen Brown at email@example.com
The wellbeing of all members of the school community remains our priority and we will keep staff, parents and pupils updated on a regular basis.
We are very grateful indeed for the patient support of all parents at this time.
Information for Visitors to Shrewsbury School
We are delighted to be able to welcome visitors to our school campus once again, and look forward to your visit.
To support our community, we would kindly request that you take note of the following:
- If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please do not visit the school site;
- If someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19- or you have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive- please ensure you have taken a PCR test and returned a negative result before travelling to Shrewsbury School;
- There is no requirement that you wear a face covering during your visit, but if you feel more comfortable doing so, then please feel free to wear one;
- for those visitors likely to be mixing with pupils or entering buildings- including admissions visits, plays and concerts- we request that you take an LFT 24 hours in advance of your visit;
- We have control measures in place to ensure the safety of our pupils, staff and visitors which include- but are not limited to- well ventilated spaces and access to hand sanitiser. We would be grateful if, on arrival, visitors ensured they made use of the hand sanitisers available at reception or at the venue entrances to the Barnes Theatre, the Maidment Building and the Alington Hall;
The majority of visitors should report to reception, with the exception of those visiting Admissions, who are advised to park by the Admissions Office (click here for directions). There is on site parking available for all other visitors beside the Port Hill astro with disabled parking at reception.
Please note: The information provided on this webpage is reviewed regularly but links to other websites are updated frequently and may be subject to change.