The Shrewsbury School Parents' Association (SSPA) plays a key role in school life for all parents, both boarding and day.
The Association's core purpose is to offer a range of social events throughout the year, which enable parents and staff to mix in a relaxed and enjoyable environment, and in so doing strengthen relationships and add to the vibrancy of the overall Shrewsbury School experience. It is a not-for-profit organisation and that seeks only to cover costs; any profits made are donated to nominated school charities. The SSPA events are generally held on dates where parents travelling from afar might already be in the vicinity - i.e. at end of terms/next to coach weekends.
Parents of Old Salopians and prospective parents are also very welcome at any of the SSPA events – any that are coming up in the near future will be listed below.
Getting involved with the SSPA
These are a few ways in which you can get involved in supporting the Parents' Association and in so doing make new friends and contacts:
- Become a Committee Member – We meet as a Committee about 6 times a year and sub-groups from the Committee lead each event. In addition the Committee try and attend as many events as possible.
- Become an Event Partner – We always need willing hands and supportive people to make our events a success. Many people would like to support from time to time but cannot give time to join the Committee. As an Event Partner you can commit event by event and your support is very welcome.
- Become a House Host – The House Host acts as the SSPA's main point of contact within each house and his/her principal function is to ensure that SSPA events are promoted to parents of their house and that new parents in particular have a point of contact/friendly face at events.
- Sponsorship – there are various levels available from sponsoring a part event – through to being a ‘principal sponsor’ – a super opportunity to promote to a wide audience. Please see the SSPA Sponsorship Framework for more details.
- Careers support – Working with the Careers Department, we are seeking experienced people to inspire our students and support them in their lives beyond Shrewsbury School. If you would be willing to speak to students about your work or help them with interview techniques we would love to hear from you.
If any of the above are of interest, please contact the SSPA Coordinator at email@example.com.