Shrewsbury School


All pupils who reside outside the UK are required to have a guardian, who will be expected to accommodate you in a home environment in the UK during exeats and other holidays if you are unable to return home, and arrange any transport you may need.

Full details are outlined in our Guardianship Policy, which includes a Guardianship Agreement form that needs to be signed by your guardian and by your parents and returned to us: Shrewsbury School Guardianship Policy and Agreement

For international pupils requiring a visa: Please note that we cannot issue a 'Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies' (CAS) number for your visa application until we have received this form.

Additional information and advice on guardianship can be found via AEGIS (The Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students), an organisation that inspects and accredits guardianship providers in the UK and works to promote the welfare of international students. Please see their website for further information:, including a List of AEGIS Accredited Guardianship Organisations.

back to top