Listed below are the requirements to complete Swim England Learn to Swim Stage 4.
If you have any queries or require further information, please contact the Shrewsbury School Sports Facilities team on 01743 280625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of buoyancy
2. Perform a tuck float for 5 seconds
3. Perform a sequence of changing shapes (minimum of three) whilst floating at the surface
4. Push and glide from the wall to the pool floor
5. Kick 10 metres backstroke (one item of equipment optional)
6. Kick 10 metres front crawl (one item of equipment optional)
7. Kick 10 metres butterfly on the front or on the back
8. Kick 10 metres breaststroke on the back (equipment optional)
9. Kick 10 metres breaststroke on the front (equipment optional)
10. Perform on the back a head first sculling action for 5 metres in a horizontal position
11. Travel on back and roll in one continuous movement onto front
12. Travel on front and roll in one continuous movement onto back
13. Swim 10 metres, choice of stroke is optional