About The Old Salopian Hunt
The Old Salopian Hunt Running Club was formed in 1953 by Ian Fraser, Nigel Miller and Hunt Coach Adrian Struve to provide a way for Alumni and friends of the Hunt to stay in touch with the Cross-Country and Athletic Running of Shrewsbury School, and to encourage and support members in their running once they have left Shrewsbury.
The OSH invites all members to come along to either run or spectate in the Annual Run with the RSSH in the Michaelmas Term, on the School site, followed by the Annual Dinner that same evening, where all friends of the Hunt are welcome. In addition, there is also the opportunity for an OSH Team to compete against other Schools’ Alumni Teams in the Annual Thames Hare & Hounds Alumni Race, held over a 5-mile course across Wimbledon Common, suitable for all age groups and abilities. We usually meet at 1.30pm, on the second Saturday of December at the Richard Evans Memorial Playing Fields, Roehampton Vale, Wimbledon SW15 3PQ. Spectators are always welcome, but if you would like to be more active and join the team, please contact the Chairman or the Treasurer (details below) who will organise things for you.
At the end of each Lent Term, the Master-in-Charge of the RSSH will invite the Hunt members who are leaving that year to join the OSH. At a special presentations evening, the Chairman of the OSH awards the nominated leavers with their Lifetime Membership of the OSH. All friends of the Hunt are also welcome to apply to join the OSH Club at any time, by contacting the Chairman of the OSH Committee. The Lifetime Membership of The Club provides camaraderie, competition and fun, or to quote our one time Honorary Secretary, Mark Mortimer, 'When you join The Old Salopian Hunt, you remain a member for ever, dead or alive!'
- The Chairman of the OSH Committee is Peter Birch, email - email@example.com
- The Hon. Secretary is Liv Papaioannou - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Hon. Treasurer is David Thomas, email - email@example.com
- The Captain of the OSH Running Team is Oli Mott - (pictured above winning the RSSH v OSH Run) e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
The OSH holds their Annual General Meeting and Committee Meeting once a year, at a time which usually precedes the Annual Dinner. Details will be sent out to members on the mailing list as soon as the date is confirmed.
- The OSH Running Vest is green with a gold diagonal stripe and bears the Gold Crossed Whips emblem of the Club. This is available for purchase at £15. There are Ladies & Mens sizes.
- The Old Salopian Hunt Tie is made of silk and is the original design of dark green with embroidered Gold Crossed Whips across it. This Tie is available at £16.
- The Old Salopian Hunt Silk Scarf is dark green with the Gold Crossed Whips printed all over it and is available at £23.
If you would like to order any of our merchandise, please contact Peter Birch by e-mail on email@example.com
History of the RSSH - Hunt records from 1831-1988
This is the digitised copy of the 25 books kept in the Moser Library, showing hand-written records of Huntsmen from the early days of the first cross-country running club in the World. Personal observations, drawings and photographs of the Hunt are included in this 30GB digital file, which is now available on a USB flash-drive memory stick at £25. To order, please contact the Chairman.
You are always welcome to send an e-mail to the Chairman, Treasurer or Secretary, as detailed above.